POEA Job Position: Marine Mechanical Fitter
Location: United Kingdom
Employer/Company: GME Services Limited
POEA Registration / Accreditation No. 10394835
- Experience of work to class society rules for ship building
- Expected to be time served Mechanical Engineering /Shipbuilding Qualification.
- Must have experience of all mechanical equipment installation methods.
- Must have at least 3-5 years minimum trade experience in the marine industry.
- Coming from a marine background, you will be required to strip out, overhaul, refurbish and install
mechanical equipment for vessels, using knovwledge of mechanical, metallurgy, and engineering
- Read and understand basic layout and assembly drawings, to class society rules / standards.
- Good understanding of shipbuilding/ship repair practices.
- Understands Works specifications, equipment manuals and installation guides.
- Must have experience of working with engines, propulsion systems, pump systems, deck machinery,
- To be able to set up carry out alignment and dimensional control checks.
- Must be able to work with equipment lathes, radial & bench drills, bore/milling tools, alignment
- Would be advantageous of any other semiskilled trade experience steel work, engineering or painting.
- Identify and report any additional or variation to specification scopes of work to line management.
- Ensure good personal time keeping and conduct inline with agreed policies and procedures
- Diversification working with other trades in a support level.
- Be willing to train forklift, mobile access platforms, PASMA access scaffolding, Rescue teams, first
aiders, tank testing, rigging / slinging methods.
- Ensure standards of good housekeeping are achieved in all work areas, including workshops, stores,
vehicles and at on site locations.