POEA Job Position: Sheet Metal Worker
Location: New Zealand
- Select appropriate type of sheet metal, such galvanized iron, copper, steel, aluminium
- Measure appropriate size of sheet metal.
- Cut sheet metal by hand or using power shears.
- Interpret blueprints · Bend ducts to form shapes.
- Drill holes into ducts to bolt together.
- Weld, solder, or rivet ducts together.
- Smooth over rough edges with file.
- Install ready-made ducts.
- Operate Press Brakes
- Operate Laser Cutting machine
- Operate Turret Punches
- Use scribers, dividers, and squares to mark dimensions on materials.