POEA Job Position: Carpenters
We’re hiring Carpenters to work in in Australia! Are you looking for an exciting opportunity to move overseas? If you a highly skilled Carpenter, apply now!
Common tasks that you may perform include:
- Construct, erect, install, renovate and repair structures and fixtures made of wood, plywood, wallboard and other materials such as cold form lite gauge metal profiles and cut, shape and fit timber parts to form structures and fittings.
- Reading and interpreting drawings and specifications to determine materials required, dimensions and installation procedures
- Selecting timbers and materials and preparing layouts
- Cutting materials and assembling and nailing cut and shaped parts
- Erecting framework and roof framing, laying sub-flooring and floorboards and verifying structures integrity
- Nailing fascia panels, sheeting roofs and fitting exterior wall cladding and door and window frames
- Assembling prepared timber to form structures and fittings ready to install.
To apply for this role, you must:
- Minimum 5 years’ experience as an Carpenter
- Experienced in reading and interpreting drawings, erecting framework, roof framing, laying sub-flooring and floorboards
- Good English communication, both verbal and written
- Must be able to provide work references and evidence.
- Candidates must have at least High School Diploma
- Minimum of 5 years’ relevant work experience
- Be over the age of 24.