POEA Job Position: Fabricator Welder
Location: New Zealand
- Be responsible for fabricating support structures and piping assemblies per project requirements from start to finish and ensuring work is completed in accordance to the customer’s specifications as well as industry standards
- Lay out from design drawings, operate and setup manual or automatic fabricating machinery to cut and weld sheet metal and structural members
- Weld utilizing GMAW, GTAW, FCAW processes and operates spot welder
- Operate weld equipment, acetylene torches, plasma cutters, hand grinders, saws & drill presses in the fabrication and assembly of various structures and piping systems, including material preparation and performance of TIG & MIG processes in stainless and carbon steel materials per fabrication drawings and the applicable welding code specification
- Must be able to understand and follow fabrication drawings and be familiar with standard fabrication details and allowances.
- Must have a working knowledge of trigonometry and geometry, and basic metal working.