We Are Hiring!
POEA Job Position: Metal Workers/Fabricators
- At least 2 years of related working
- Willing to undergo sponsored Trade
Testing and necessary training to be fully competent for the job
1. Interpreting engineering drawings
2. Marking off materials
3. Plate perpetration, using different methods (Oxy – fuel gas cutting & Hand Grinding), pressure testing, drilling & lock fitting
4. Assembling of ships structures, shell, decks, bulkheads, frames, & longitudinal
5. Fit, fair, and tack weld steelwork using fairing aids
6. Fabrication of ship items – seats, ladders, false flooring & panels
7. Outfitting Ships items, fitting of hatches, watertight doors, equipment seats & false flooring
8. Forming Material using machine tools – Rolling, Flanging & Cutting Machines (guillotine, cropper mechanical saw)
9. Preparing ship for float-off & ship sea trials
Skills and Qualifications Required
1. Current knowledge and experience in Fabrication
2. Trade papers, e.g., formal apprenticeship (ability to provide papers)
3. A clear understanding of SHE risks awareness
4. Understanding of manufacturing processes
5. Must be comfortable working in confined spaces and or at height
Safety certification i.e., SHE induction, COSHH awareness, working at height
Background in major construction/manufacturing environment
What are we looking for in you
You’re flexible and adaptable about how you work and what you work on, an individual who’s willing to get involved.
You have great verbal communication skills, with coaching abilities, i.e., passing on knowledge to apprentices, and your integrity and practical problem-solving techniques are second to none.
**note: Please DO NOT REPORT to our office unless you are advised to do so. This is in a bid to contain the spread of the COVID-19 virus. We encourage everyone to send their applications online only.
Let us Power your Success and help you pursue your career and life in Finland!