POEA Job Position: Panel Beater/Auto Denter Role
- Responsible for the repair or modification of motor vehicles as directed to ensure that effective, efficient and quality outcomes provide a high standard of customer satisfaction.
- Repair damage to metal and plastic and fibreglass bodywork on vehicles;
- Remove damaged panels and components by unbolting or cutting them away
- Remove dents where it is viable to do so:
- Straighten damaged vehicles using mechanical and hydraulit equipment;
- Cut and join replacement sections or damaged panels using oxyacetylene and electric welding equipment;
- Fill dents with plastic fillers and file, grind and sand repaired surfaces using power and hand tools;
- Fit repaired panel on the framework of the vehicle and refit body hardware such as door locks and door trims;
- Replace badly damaged sections with new or second-hand panels;
- Realign chassis and body frames, and use chassis alignment machines and measuring systems;
- Remove and replace accident-related mechanical items;
- Remove and replace auto-electric components;
- Assist in spray painting vehicles;
- Observe and comply with applicable Occupational Health and Safety policies including the use of Personal Protective Clothing and Equipment as necessary.