POEA Job Position: Panel Beater
A Panelbeaters will repair damaged vehicle bodies; construct purpose-built vehicle bodies, fit, repair and replace interior trim and upholstery in vehicles
Must have the pre-requisites: 5 Years experience in similar role
Must be able to show competency in:
- Removing damaged panels and parts, and removing upholstery and accessories to gain access
- Removing dents by hammering panels
- Straightening damaged vehicles and parts using mechanical and hydraulic equipment
- Replacing badly damaged sections with new or second-hand panels
- Fling depressions with plastic filler, and filing, grinding and sanding repaired surfaces.
- Fitting repaired or replacement panels on vehicles and refitting body hardware such as door locks and trims
- Assist in vehicle body builders in constructing and restoring custom-designed, vintage, and other specialty vehicles Spray painting vehicle.