We Are Hiring!
POEA Job Position: Sheet Metal Plater
Location: United Kingdom
- Interpreting engineering drawings
- Marking off materials
- Plate perpetration, using different methods (Oxy – fuel gas cutting & Hand Grinding), pressure testing, drilling & lock fitting
- Assembling of ships structures, shell, decks, bulkheads, frames, & longitudinal
- Fit, fair, and tack weld steelwork using fairing aids
- Fabrication of ship items – seats, ladders, false flooring & panels
- Outfitting Ships items, fitting of hatches, watertight doors, equipment seats & false flooring
- Forming Material using machine tools – Rolling, Flanging & Cutting Machines (guillotine, cropper mechanical saw)
- Preparing ship for float-off & ship sea trials
Skills and Qualifications Required
- Current knowledge and experience in Fabrication
- Trade papers, e.g., formal apprenticeship (ability to provide papers)
- A clear understanding of SHE risks awareness
- Understanding of manufacturing processes
- Must be comfortable working in confined spaces and or at height
- Safety certification i.e., SHE induction, COSHH awareness, working at height
- Background in major construction/manufacturing environment What are we looking for in you
- You’re flexible and adaptable about how you work and what you work on, an individual who’s willing to get involved.
- You have great verbal communication skills, with coaching abilities, i.e., passing on knowledge to apprentices, and your integrity and practical problem-solving techniques are second to none.
**note: Please DO NOT REPORT to our office unless you are advised to do so. This is in a bid to contain the spread of the COVID-19 virus. We encourage everyone to send their applications online only.
Let us Power your Success and help you pursue your career and life in the United Kingdom!