We Are Hiring!
POEA Job Position: Sous Sushi Chef
Location: Saudi Arabia
The Sous Chef is in charge of food preparation, planning, and directing it to whichever kitchen staff they choose. This can include a significant degree of supervision as the assistant executive chef will help with menu decisions and inventory management while being an influential member of a restaurant
- Directs food preparation and collaborates with executive chef.
- Helps in the design of food and drink menu.
- Produces high quality plates, including both design and taste.
- Oversees and supervises kitchen staff.
- Assists with menu planning, inventory, and management of supplies.
- Ensures that food is top quality and that kitchen is in good condition.
- Keeps stations clean and complies with food safety standards.
- Offers suggestions and creative ideas that can improve upon the kitchen’s performance.
- Prepares food properly.
- Schedules staff shifts.
- Trains new employees.
- Orders food supplies.
- Monitors and maintains kitchen equipment.
- Solves problems that arise and seizes control of issues in the kitchen.
- Uniform standard and exceptional personal hygiene
- No gum
- No cell phones or electronic devices
- No leaning
- “It’s not my job” is an unacceptable response
- No eating or drinking in customer view
- No playing with hair or putting on make-up in customer view
- No complaining of any sort in public areas
Eating periods and breaks:
- Employees are entitled to a break after working 5 consecutive hours
- You have to ask a manager before going on break
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal and problem-solving abilities
- Familiarity with local streets, neighborhoods, and routes
- Highly responsible & reliable
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work cohesively as part of a team
- High school or equivalent preferred
- Previous 1 year experience preferred
Deal only with a duly POEA-licensed recruitment agency. Beware of illegal recruiters!