We Are Hiring!
POEA Job Position: Sushi Chef
Location: Saudi Arabia
The sushi chef’s responsibilities include preparing traditional Japanese sushi rice, chopping, slicing, and filleting various kinds of fish, and placing orders for supplies as needed. You should also be able to customize customers’ orders according to preferences and food allergy considerations
- Expertly cutting, slicing, and filleting different types of fish.
- Inspecting the quality of fruits, vegetables, and fish used to prepare sushi dishes and informing the Executive Chef when quality is sub-standard.
- Preparing various types of sushi dishes according to established guidelines on quality, portion size, presentation, and food safety.
- Maintaining a clean work environment in order to prevent food contamination.
- Regularly taking inventory of food supplies and other products.
- Reporting any problems with kitchen equipment to the manager on duty.
- Sterilizing all utensils, instruments, and equipment used in sushi preparation before every use.
- Communicating with wait staff to ensure that special requests and food allergy considerations are met.
- Uniform standard and exceptional personal hygiene
- No gum
- No cell phones or electronic devices
- No leaning
- “It’s not my job” is an unacceptable response
- No eating or drinking in customer view
- No playing with hair or putting on make-up in customer view
- No complaining of any sort in public areas
Eating periods and breaks:
- Employees are entitled to a break after working 5 consecutive hours
- You have to ask a manager before going on break
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal and problem-solving abilities
- Familiarity with local streets, neighborhoods, and routes
- Highly responsible & reliable
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work cohesively as part of a team
- High school or equivalent preferred
- Previous 1 year experience preferred
Deal only with a duly POEA-licensed recruitment agency. Beware of illegal recruiters!